Are you getting error 80070057 when updating apps on Windows 10 Mobile? Microsoft has confirmed this new bug in a blog post. Earlier the users weren’t able to update the apps stored in the SD Card on Windows 10 Mobile. The solution was to move the apps from SD Card to Phone’s internal storage.
However, if you are getting error 80070057 when updating apps on the Windows Store, Microsoft has published the workaround. It might be painful as you will need to reinstall almost all apps installed on your phone.
How to fix error 80070057 on Windows 10 Mobile
- Confirm whether you are getting error 80070057 or 0x8007000B as both are different issues.
- Make sure your default storage is set to phone’s internal storage, otherwise you will get a different error.
- Uninstall the older version of the app.
- Restart your phone by holding the power button for few seconds.
- Go to Windows Store and check for updates.
- Update the apps and you will not receive any error.
Microsoft is working to fix the bug and hopefully, the upcoming build will have the fix. Are you able to download and update apps on Windows 10 Mobile? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.