Microsoft has re branded its View 3D app with a new name Mixed Reality Viewer which is available for Windows 10 Creators Update. The company plans to include the preview of the new Mixed Reality Viewer in the upcoming Windows 10 Fall Creators Update to be released in October or Redstone 4.
The app is enabled for everyone which makes it easy for users to open 3D models inside Windows. The Mixed Reality Viewer is currently available for Windows 10 Insider users in Fast Ring with Skip Ahead enabled.
The Mixed Reality Viewer has been updated to new version 2.1708.30142.0 and also brings the following new features or changes:
- Loading the app and its contents will be shown with a small 3D cube
- New logo represented by a 3D Cube (the same as used for uploads)
- All controls have now been placed high (information, controls, virtual camera, and full screen display)
- When shooting mixed-reality photographs, you will notice that the “All-In-Camera” and “Timer” icons have been positioned at the bottom left.
- The timer now works properly
- If you reduce the size of the window, controls will automatically be grouped under “Other with 3D”
- Corrections and general improvements
Users can download the View 3D app from the below Windows Store link if you are in the Fast Ring and with Skip Ahead option enabled on your Windows 10 PC.