Windows 10 May 2020 Update ISO images are now available, allowing users to get the update immediately.
The update is rolling out in phases, but you can always download ISOs of Windows 10 May 2020 Update and force the upgrade manually.
Microsoft has made its Windows 10 version 2004 ISO images available to everyone through its website, but there’s a catch. If you open Windows 10 download webpage on a device running Windows, Microsoft will tell you to download the Media Creation Tool first.
To get direct ISO file for Windows 10 version 2004, you’ll need to make your web browser pretend that you’re using another operating system. If you open the download page without modifying “user agent”, Microsoft will offer you the Media Creation Tool instead.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to download the ISO files and get started with the new version of Windows 10.
Install Windows 10 May 2020 Update (version 2004) with ISO files
To download ISO images of Windows 10 May 2020 Update, follow these steps:
- Open Chrome or Chromium Microsoft Edge.
- Head to the Microsoft’s download website from here.
- In Chrome, click three dots menu at the top, then select More Tools > Developer Tools.
- Click the menu icon.
- Select More Tools > Network Conditions to enable it.
- Uncheck “Select Automatically” under the “User Agent” section.
- Click the drop-down menu “Custom”.
- Select “Google Chrome – Android mobile” because you have to trick Microsoft into thinking you’re using a non-Windows device.
- Keep the Developer Tools pane open.
- Refresh the download page.
- The page will reload and you’ll see a drop-down menu to select the edition of the Windows 10 ISO.
- Click the drop-down menu and select “Windows 10 May 2020 Update”.
- Click confirm.
- Select the language you’re currently using on your PC. To verify your configuration, head to Settings > Region and Language.
- Click either the 64- or 32-bit to start the download.
You can close the Developer Tools pane after the download begins in the Google Chrome browser.
To change the user agent in Firefox, click on the three dots menu and select Web Developers > Network.
In the Network pane, click on mobile/tablet icon and select iPad or Android from the top menu. Refresh the page and you’ll be able to access the hidden download section.
There are a number of uses for a Windows ISO file. If you live under strict bandwidth limitations, you can use Windows 10 May 2020 Update offline installer to upgrade multiple PCs without re-downloading the same files again. Another reason to use the media image is when you don’t get the latest updates due to Microsoft’s progressive rollout approach.
Size of the update
The size of Windows 10 May 2020 Update ISO is 4.7GB for the 64-bit edition and download links are valid for 24 hours from the time of creation. During the 24 hours, you can pause and resume the download.
Microsoft noted that the links will expire after 24 hours and you won’t be able to resume the download.
If you access the download website on a Windows device without following the above steps, Microsoft will prevent you from downloading the media files.
While the Media Creation Tool is the simplest way to install Windows 10 feature update, ISO image allows you to do a clean install manually with a third-party tool like Rufus and it is the ultimate troubleshooting technique.
When you follow the above steps and change your “user agent” string to Chrome for Android, Microsoft’s website will think you’re using a non-Windows device and you can access the hidden download section with your Windows system.