Microsoft launched Your Phone app for Windows 10 earlier this month and as of now, it works only on Insider preview builds of Redstone 5 update. It appears that Microsoft has just pushed out a new update for Your Phone app which adds support for Windows 10 April 2018 Update devices.
In a Twitter post, Microsoft announced that the latest update for Your Phone app on Windows 10 adds support for April 2018 Update devices (Redstone 4). Your Phone version 1.0.12161 comes with the following changes:
- What’s new: right click to share a photo.
- Automatically connect when PC unlocks + disconnect when PC locks.
- Added support for Windows 10 April 2018 Update (RS4).
It’s worth noting that the Your Phone app may still not working on Windows 10 April 2018 Update even after installing the update.
#WindowsInsiders we just released an app update to #YourPhoneApp (1.0.12161). If you haven't gotten the update, get it from the Store https://t.co/QNmDpuCIcR. What's new: right click to share photo; automatically connect when PC unlocks + disconnect when PC locks. RS4 support!
— Roberto Bojorquez (@bojorchess) August 10, 2018
It’s likely that the Your Phone app for Windows 10 April 2018 Update is still rolling out and it will work on supported devices soon. For those unfamiliar with Your Phone app, you can access photos stored in your phone from your PC.
- Take a photo on your Android phone and watch it show up in the Your Phone app on your PC almost instantly (we’ll show your 25 most recent photos).
- Drag a photo from the Your Phone app to your desktop.
- Drag a photo from the Your Phone app to another app (such as an Office document, a new email message, etc.).
- Select a photo in the Your Phone app to edit it.
You can download Your Phone app from here.