Microsoft released today KB3200970. A cumulative update for Windows 10 PC version 1607. It includes improvements to Remote Desktop, Internet Explorer. Fixes to VPN, APN, and IME. The update is live for PCs only. No word yet for Mobile.
- Improved the reliability of multimedia audio, Remote Desktop, and Internet Explorer 11.
- Addressed issue that prevents users from connecting to a virtual private network (VPN).
- Addressed issue with a scheduled task that doesn’t run in Task Scheduler after reenabling.
- Addressed issue to update the Access Point Name (APN) database.
- Addressed issue with Japanese characters that are missing when converted by the Input Method Editor.
- Addressed issue with the system tray showing no Wi-Fi connection even when Wi-Fi is present.
- Addressed issue with Windows devices that disconnect from the Internet prematurely before users can complete their paid Wi-Fi purchase.
- Addressed issue to update the new Belarusian ruble symbol to Br and the new ISO 4217 code to BYN.
- Addressed additional issues with multimedia, Windows kernel, packaging release management, authentication, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Remote Desktop, Active Directory, wireless networking, Windows shell, graphics, enterprise security, and Microsoft HoloLens.
- Security updates to Boot Manager, Windows operating system, kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Virtual Hard Drive, Common Log File System driver, Microsoft Video Control, Common Log File System driver, Windows authentication methods, Windows File Manager, and the Microsoft Graphics Component.
The build bumped to 14393.447. Head to Settings > Update and Security > Windows Update to download the update.
If you are having difficulty downloading the update through Windows Update or stuck in a certain percentage. In case you want to manually download the update, the direct links are provided below. Downloading the file manually is also useful for those who have multiple Windows 10 PC devices and have limited bandwidth.
The size of 32-bit and 64-bit versions are 467MB and 871MB respectively. Note that these updates are cumulative. Therefore, the packages contain all previously released fixes.