Microsoft today released a new Windows 10 Build 17666 for Fast and Skip Ahead Ring Insiders. The latest build comes with many new and major features which the company had announced at its Build 2018.
Along with the introduction of new features like Fluent Design elements to Sets, Dark Theme for File Explorer, new Cloud Clipboard experience and more, Microsoft has also fixed many bugs based on the feedback given by the Insiders.
Here’s what’s fixed:
- Microsoft fixed an issue with dll which caused the explorer.exe to crash every few minutes. The VPN not working issue has also been fixed once you update to the new build.
- Issue with Appsnon-visibilityy in secondary accounts after getting app updates has also been fixed in the latest build. Maximizing windows resulted in the border being visible on the window in previous builds, this issue has now been fixed.
- The snipping toolbar (with WIN + Shift + S) will now follow your desired theme, light or dark. Also fixed is the issue with the Emoji Panel and touch keyboard not displaying correctly when restarting explorer.exe.
Apart from fixing some of the major bugs, Microsoft has also listed known issues which should be noted before downloading the build.
- After the installation of Windows Mixed Reality the OOBE turns black and the Motion controllers do not recognize in exclusive apps. These should be fixed in upcoming builds.
- The desktop may be momentarily visible before the Lock screen displays when resuming from sleep.
- The Movies & TV crashes when the users denies access to the video library and navigates to the Personal tab.
- The Windows Mixed Reality headset on this build will remain black until it is unplugged and reconnected to the PC.
- Win32 desktop app windows appear slightly underneath the tab bar when maximized. As a workaround restore and re maximize the window.
- The Office Visual Basic Editor window will currently be tabbed but is not intended to be in the future.
- Opening an Office document while the same app has an existing document open may cause an unintended switch to the last active document. This will also happen when closing a sheet in Excel while other sheets remain open.
As this is a preview build, it is always advisable to go through the list of known issues before downloading it on your PCs and laptops. If you’re on the Fast and Skip Ahead ring, you can get today’s build by going to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update > Check for updates.