Microsoft today has released another new build this week for Fast Ring Insiders. The latest build with version 17746 is now available for download which comes from the Redstone 5 branch.
Microsoft is currently finalizing the development of Redstone 5 and is working on fixing bugs and improve the performance of the operating system before the public release scheduled for early October this year.
The latest insider build 17746 comes with many fixes for issues reported by insiders from earlier flights. Below is the full changelog of what’s fixed and broken.
- Issues where Narrator incorrectly reported standard combo boxes as “editable combox box” instead of “combox box” has now been fixed.
- Microsoft finally fixed the issue in Windows Mixed Reality causing motion controllers to be re-paired after initial setup before appearing in the headset.
- An issue was reported for the progress percent for Japanese and German would be written in the middle of the string rather than at the end has now been fixed in the latest flight.
- Issue when using Italian as your display language where the Yes button to confirm file deletion would sometimes disappear has now been fixed.
The latest build also comes with some known issues which needs to be taken care before downloading the update.
- Users will experience bugcheck when logging out of the user profile or shutting down the PC.
- The Ease of Access Make Text bigger setting might see text clipping issues with users finding that text is not increasing in size everywhere. This should be fixed in upcoming flights.
- Narrator sometimes does not read in the Settings app when you navigate using Tab and arrow keys. For a temporary workaround try switching to Narrator Scan mode.
- Turning Scan mode off, Narrator will now read when you navigate using Tab and arrows key.
You will not be seeing any new features if you on Fast Ring since Microsoft is fixing issues to make the company’s next big Windows 10 Update to be called version 1809 according to leaks found in previous flights, ready for public release.