Microsoft announced Whiteboard, a new creative collaboration app back in May. At that time, the app was designed for Microsoft’s Surface Hub now it works on any Windows 10 PC with touch screen or mouse input. Microsoft says that Whiteboard is a new app to let you collaborate with others in real-time and across multiple devices.
“With the preview of Microsoft Whiteboard, you can use intelligent ink that recognizes your freeform drawings and turns them into standard shapes, so it’s easy to create great-looking tables, diagrams, and flowcharts,” Microsoft explains.
The updated version of app is 18.10604.1611.0 with the following changelog:
- Welcome screen – Added a screen where the user will be guided in the main activities that can be done with the app.
- Toolbar – The toolbar has been renewed with new icons. In addition, the writing features have been combined into one generic toolbar.
- Settings – Settings have been moved to the upper right; in addition, the possibility to export the worksheet in png format has been implemented.
- Animations – The animations that are displayed when you insert the elements (sticky notes, images, …) have been renewed.
- Bug fixes and various improvements.
The new app is rolling out today, but we couldn’t find it in the Microsoft Store at the time of this writing. Overall, Microsoft Whiteboard should be a great tool for creative teams and the app is free to use for everyone.
You can download Whiteboard Preview from here.