Microsoft today released a new Windows 10 Preview Build 17643 for Insiders enrolled in the Skip Ahead Ring. The latest build brought many improvements to Sets and Microsoft Edge and more. You can read our dedicated article here on what’s new.
With improvements to Sets and Microsoft Edge, Microsoft also fixed some of the known issues from the previous build for Skip Ahead Insiders. Moving the mouse over and off an element, users complained that Reveal was not visible, this issue has now been fixed.
Some users complained about an issue with the screen flicker occurring when trying to adjust the screen after rotating the device. The Insider team has fixed the flickering issue and users will no longer find the screen flickering when rotating the device.
Spellchecking menu had issues with not being appearing on multiple monitors, this issue has now been fixed in the latest build and now the spellchecking menu appears on multiple monitors.
There are also a good number of known issues which Microsoft details in the release notes:
- If you open Settings you will find the Settings to crash when you click on links to get themes and fonts from Microsoft Store or links in tips as well as the link to Windows Defender.
- On resuming from sleep, the desktop may be momentarily visible before the Lock screen displays as expected.
- Movies & TV crashes when user’s deny access to the video library when you click on the “Let Movies & TV access your video library”.
- Tilting and cascading windows will not work for inactive tabs.
- Local files or non-Microsoft cloud files will not be automatically restored and no error message will be provided to alert the user to that fact.
- Arrow and Page Up/Page Down key don’t work when you scroll webpages in Microsoft Edge. You’ll need to use another input method (mouse, touch, or touchpad).
The above known issues are expected to be fixed by the Windows Insider team in the upcoming preview builds. It is always advisable to go through the full list of known issues before installing the latest Skip Ahead Insider Preview Build 17643.