By the second half of October, Microsoft will officially release Windows 10 October 2018 Update (also known as Windows 10 version 1809). The next big OS update is still under testing and it’s not available for the general public yet.
It may not arrive on your PC anytime soon but if you want to hop to it without delay, you can join the Insider program.
Windows Insider is a beta testing program that you can join for free and install the preview build of Windows 10 October 2018 Update right now.
Get Windows 10 October 2018 Update via the Insider program
- Open Start menu and click the Settings cog icon located in the left-side pane.
- Open Settings and click Update & security and navigate to the Windows Insider program.
- Click the Get started button.
- Click Link an account, select your Microsoft account and click Continue.
- On the next screen, you’ll be asked, “What kind of content would you like to receive?” From the drop-down menu, you can select Fast if you want preview builds every week or Slow if you join want to try new features without any major or new bugs.
- Click Confirm agree to Microsoft’s terms and click Restart Now to restart your PC.
- After restarting, you can open Settings, navigate to Updates & Security and begin installing Windows 10 October 2018 Preview Update.