Evernote has released a new and major update for its Windows Desktop application on all PCs running Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. The latest update bumps the app to new version 6.11. The update comes with some important new features along with bug fixes and performance improvements.
The latest update brings drag and drop functionality and adds a new zoom feature to the image gallery. The update also adds support for over 100 new emoji’s along with improvements to loading of notes.
The developers have also made sure to fix some many notable bugs which were reported by Evernote users. The company fixed issue with clipped content which was not visible in notes. Moving note from a joined notebook was not listed after previous update. This issue has now been fixed and you will be able to find the list of notebook after moving from a joined notebook.
The developers also fixed issue with PDFs and Images which were not searchable as attachments. They also fixed issue with Google drive links which could not be opened when enabled descriptive links.
Below is the list of other fixes:
- An issue where words added to the dictionary aren’t remembered between app launches.
- An intermittent issue where new users can sometimes see no content after first launch.
- An issue where a new note is created in the default notebook when a stack is selected instead of the first notebook in the stack.
- An issue where rotating an image or annotating it results in the size of the image getting reset.
- Several work chat issues including one where a user is taken back to the “All Notes” view after a sync is performed.
The update is a major update which brings lots of fixes reported by users along with minor new features for Windows users. As reported this update is available for all Windows versions.
If you use the Evernote app on Windows, the update is currently available for download and you can get it by clicking the below Microsoft Store link.