The Windows Insiders on the Fast, Slow or even Release Preview Ring are not unable to use the Windows Store as an error “Unknown layout specified in manifest” displays on the screen. Regardless of what device you own, you cannot use the Microsoft/Windows Store. Microsoft addressed the bug a while ago but it appears that the company still hasn’t rolled out any proper fix.
Although Microsoft’s Dona Sarkar recently provided a solution to fix the bug, however it didn’t help all Insiders. On your Windows 10 PC, you can try to reset the Windows Store app to fix the bug. As we tested, it wouldn’t work on all device whereas, on Windows 10 Mobile, there’s no reset applications feature.
Reset Windows Store in Windows 10 – Method 1
- Open Settings.
- Navigate to Apps page and locate Store.
- Click on advanced options and reset the Store.
Fix Unknown layout specified in manifest Windows Store error – Method 2
- *The solution works on both Mobile and PC.
- Open Start Menu and navigate to Settings > Time and Language > Region and Language.
- Change region to the United States. (If the region is already set to the United States, try changing to Brazil).
- (you can also install the United States language pack, however, it should work without installing the new language pack).
- Restart your device.
- And that’s it, Microsoft/Windows Store is already back!
If the Microsoft/Windows Store is still not working, you may need to reset your device or wait for Microsoft to address the bug with a new cumulative update or Store update.