Microsoft is testing a new update for Windows 10 October 2018 Update that will address all kind of issues in the operating system. The Build 17763.167 is currently live in the Release Preview Ring.
Microsoft yesterday released a new cumulative update for Windows 10 October 2018 Update for Insiders. At that time, the company didn’t specify or provide any changelog as to what was fixed in the latest cumulative update. But today the company shared details of what was fixed in Windows 10 Build 17763.167.
This update has fixed issues with Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer and even the built-in brightness feature.
What’s fixed in Windows 10 Build 17763.167
- Microsoft fixed the issue in Microsoft Edge with using the drag and drop feature to upload folders from the Windows desktop.
- An issue that degrades Internet Explorer performance when using roaming profiles has been addressed.
- Microsoft fixed the time zone information issues for Fiji.
- Time zone changes for Moroccan daylight standard time and Russian daylight standard time has now been addressed.
- Issues causing the display settings to stop working when changing multi-monitor configuration has now been fixed.
- Insiders reported black screen on some PCs when waking the display from sleep has now been addressed with the latest cumulative update.
- Under certain lighting conditions, the Camera app had long delays in taking photos, this has now been addressed.
- While playing live Hulu TV in Microsoft Edge, users noticed a black screen which has now been fixed.
- An issue that stopped Bluetooth headsets from receiving audio input after several minutes of listening has now been fixed.
- Restarting of the device caused the Brightness slider to be reset to 50%, this has now been addressed.
- An issue related to the OEM manufacturing processes when running sysprep/generalize has now been addressed.
- An issue with Microsoft Intune that causes devices to be incorrectly marked as not compliant due to a firewall incorrectly returns a ‘Poor’ status has been fixed.
- An issue that causes rasman.exe to stop responding has been fixed.
- Microsoft fixed an issue with RemoteApp visibility that may cause the main window to disappear until the user clicks the screen.
- An issue that prevented some users from setting Win32 program defaults for certain app while using the Open with… command or Settings > Apps > Default apps has now been fixed.
- Microsoft fixed an issue that may cause mapped drives to fail to reconnect after starting and logging onto a Windows device.
If you are enrolled in the Release Preview Ring then you should be able to update to the latest build which brings a lot of fixes. There has been no mention of any known issues with the latest cumulative update.
For those unfamiliar, Microsoft yesterday also released Windows 10 Build 17134.441 for April 2018 Update with a bunch of bug fixes. The company hasn’t released any new patch for the general public running Windows 10 October 2018 Update but it’s likely that similar bug fixes will be released to everyone with December updates.