Microsoft has just started rolling out a new preview for HoloLens and it comes with a long list of bug fixes. HoloLens Preview Build 17737 comes with new features or major changes except for localized versions of Chinese and Japanese.
Microsoft says that this build primarily includes bug fixes and stability improvements to the features released previously.
“Today we are releasing a new RS5 Insider build for HoloLens, 17737, along with localized versions for Chinese and Japanese. This build primarily includes bug fixes and stability improvements to the features released previously,” the company explains. You can find the list of changes below:
Fixed in this build
- We fixed an issue where the cursor will jump between gaze and mouse when using a Bluetooth mouse.
- We fixed an issue with some notification toasts appearing as a gray box.
- We fixed an issue where Cortana may stop listening if you wait for her to respond after saying, “Hey Cortana.”
- We fixed several other issues with voice commands and dictation, including an issue that prevented Cortana from working after update.
- We fixed an issue that prevented holograms from re-appearing after sign-out and sign-in.
- We added OCR support for Chinese and Japanese characters in the localized builds. For more information on using these builds, see the link above.
- We fixed a crash in the camera when taking a photo while the thumbnail previous of the last capture is visible.
- We’re still investigating a bug causing the share dialog to not load all available apps to share to for a while after initial boot.
- After updating from a previous build, customers may not be able to receive incoming calls in Remote Assist.