Microsoft enabled support for Dolby Atmos Access audio app in Windows 10 with Creators Update and today the official companion app is getting a new update in the Microsoft Store with improvements. Dolby Atmos Access is a UWP app and the newly-released update is available for all Windows 10 devices including the PC and Xbox console.
The updated version of Dolby Access app is 2.3.300 and 2.3.301. The company says that the update was announced on June 29 and is now available for everyone. According to the official changelog, the update improves loading time and notification of sale. In addition to these improvements, the app has been updated to fix video selection bug on Xbox One console.
New features and improvements
- Improved loading time.
- Improved notification of sale.
- Fixed Xbox One video selection bug.
- Various bug-fixes or changes to improve UI or reliability
Known issues and workaround
- If you are unable to select Dolby Atmos for Headphone after purchase, please contact Dolby support to resolve the issue.
- On AMD Radeon GPU, you may experience video playback issues when resizing the screen. The company says that you can resize the window to full-screen and restart the video to resolve the bug.
Dolby Access app is supposed to help you make the most of your Dolby Atmos hardware. For example, you can easily enhance the sound quality for a better experience through devices such as a headphone. What’s more important to note is that the app has a wizard-based setup which allows you to press next, choose the right options and configure the audio system in just a matter of seconds.
You can download the Dolby Access UWP app from here.
“Set up, try, and experience Dolby Atmos, a breakthrough sound technology that pulls you inside the action with immersive, moving audio for your games and movies,” Dolby explains the app in Microsoft Store listing.
It might be worth noting that the Dolby Access is free but you can enjoy support for headphones for just one day and you may need to pay $15 to unlock full functionality. Needless to say, the trial period is enough to determine whether it’s worth purchasing the app or not.