Microsoft today released a new Windows 10 Insider build 17692 for Fast Ring Insiders. The latest build comes with many new features like Swiftkey keyboard and blocking of autoplay videos in Microsoft Edge and more. For a detailed list of what’s new you can head over to our dedicated article here.
As has always been the case with Insider builds, Microsoft has released features for Insiders to test over the weekends along with lot of fixes for issues in previous flights. Below is the full list of issues which have been fixed and what’s broken in the latest Windows 10 Build 17692.
- Issues pertaining to the audio on systems having firewalls has been fixed.
- Eye Control failing in previous flights has now been fixed in the latest build.
- Gamers had issues with some games crashes on launch in previous flights, this issue is now been fixed.
- Opening Data Usage section resulted in the Settings to crash, this issue has now been fixed.
- Explorer.exe crashing with AppXDeploymentClient.dll issue has been finally fixed with the recent build for Windows Insiders.
- Insiders in previous flights experienced bug check issues with error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION in afd.sys. This issue has now been fixed in the latest flight.
- Delivery Optimization Settings has now been moved to the Settings section under Update & Security. You would need to go to Settings>Update & Security>Delivery Optimization Settings.
- Microsoft Edge faced issues with users not being able to copy both image and text when selected. This issue has now been fixed and users will now be able to copy both the image and text by right clicking on the image.
- Windows Security app crashing issue has now been fixed which faced crashes when adding a process to the exclusion list.
- Due to a merge conflict, some settings in Settings section will be missing and / or missing their labels.
- DRM Video playback in Edge from Netflix will be broken in this build. But users will be able to play video in the Netflix app.
- Insiders will find issues with the login screen crashing if the sign in method is set to Picture Password. Microsoft recommends to remove the Picture Password before upgrading to the new build.
- The Game bar is expected to crash on x86 machines.
- Charts in the performance panel will not update when clicking through the tabs.
As is always advised, do make sure to read the full list of known issues before upgrading to the latest Windows 10 build which is available for Fast Ring and you can get it by going to Settings>Update & Security>Windows Update>Check for Updates.