Windows 10 Build 18945 is now rolling out to users enrolled in the Fast ring of the Windows Insider program. Windows 10 Build 18945 comes with a number of improvements, including a new Cortana app and upgraded Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL).
For Windows Insiders in the United States, Microsoft is rolling out a new Cortana experience that offers a brand-new conversation-based UI. In the announcement, Microsoft also stated that Cortana beta will be getting new features and improvements via the Windows Store.
The new Cortana experience comes with Bing answers integration, support for Microsoft To-Do, reminders, alarms and cross-platform sync. The digital assistant also comes with support for Windows 10’s dark and light themes.
What’s new in Windows 10 Build 18945
In Windows 10 Build 18945, File Explorer’s search experience uses Windows Search to bring your OneDrive files to the traditional indexed results. Windows 10 20H1 will populate File Explorer’s search dropdown with suggested files, so you can easily find your pictures and documents without opening the results page.
Here’s a list of fixes and improvements included in this release:
- Microsoft has resolved a bug that affected the reliability of scrolling with both mouse and touchpad.
- A bug where Windows Update icon will look blurry on a high DPI setup has been fixed.
- The update fixes a typo in Kaomoji section of Windows key + period panel (also known as emoji panel).
- Microsoft has resolved Start menu’s launch issues.
- Microsoft is also fixing a bug where Narrator value could not be increased.