Microsoft is today pushing a new update for its Office apps for Insiders in the Slow Ring. The update bumps the application to new version Version 1708 (build 8431.2046). The update brings some new and most requested features by the Office Insiders for some time now.
Below is the full changelog of the Office Insider update:
- Chat with co-authors while you edit [Word, Excel, PowerPoint]: Collaborate more effectively by chatting with co-authors without leaving the app.
- New ink effects [Word, Excel, PowerPoint]: Express your ideas with flair using metallic pens and ink effects like rainbow, galaxy, lava, ocean, gold, silver, and more.
- Work faster, get more done [Excel]: Bring on those complex workbooks with multiple sheets. Excel opens faster so you can crunch formulas with large ranges, filter lots of rows, or copy and paste faster.
- Quick access to attachments [Word, PowerPoint]: Ever struggled to find a file that was sent to you as an attachment? Worry no more! Just click File > Open> Shared with me.
- Info about people and groups – at a glance [Outlook]: Profile cards show you the most relevant details, whether you’re on the desktop, the web, or using a mobile app.
- Add an appointment to a group calendar [Outlook]: Now you can let everyone in your group known when you’ll be away without sending a meeting in email.
- More accessible than ever [Outlook]: We’ve made it easier to read and edit text, tables, lists and images in email when you’re using a screen reader.
- Improved smart quotes [Word]: You asked for it! Smart quotes are now smarter after em dashes (—).
- Manage a task in Planner [Project]: Link a Project task to Planner plans, allowing you to break the tasks into subtasks, add a team, assign tasks, and manage the work on the Planner board.
- Link or import data from Salesforce [Access]: You can now link to or import data from Salesforce, which is a customer resource management (CRM), cloud-based business solution.
- Link or import data from Dynamics 365 [Access]: We’ve also now added the ability to link to or import data from Dynamics 365, which is a customer resource management (CRM), cloud-based business solution.
- Not just on your Desktop anymore [Visio]: Visio Online is a new way to create and edit your diagrams right in your favorite browser.
This update is available for Insiders in the Slow Ring and brings lots of new addition to the Word, Excel and PowerPoint application for Office. The latest update is currently live and if you are on Slow Ring you should be able to download the update now.