Let’s speed up your Windows 10 Mobile by tweaking the phone’s registry. Windows 10 Mobile is still a unpolished operating system. Windows 10 Mobile performance is below average on low-end Windows Phones. Your Windows 10 Mobile Device was probably fast when you first bought it but over time the performance degraded. In this article, we are going to tell you a hack that will speed up your Windows 10 Mobile.
Note: Windows Latest is not responsible for any damage that may occur while editing your phone’s registry. Do it at your own risk.
First, you will need to interop unlock your phone. If you own a Lumia X50, follow the below method.
- Download the ndtk_acer_services.zip. It contains acer.service.acersystemservice.spkg, NdtkSvc.dll, and newndtksvc.dll.
- On your phone, navigate to settings and turn on developer mode.
- Download vcregUWP_1.7+dependencies.zip.unzip and install dependencies and the vcreg appx.
- You can also download Windows Phone SDK 8.0 Lite and deploy the xap.
- Sideload vcREG_1_7.xap using WP8 xap deployer
If you own a older Windows Phone, follow the below method to interop unlock your phone.
- Open Codeplex to download and install WPTools.
- On the app bar, choose classic unlock.
- If the app suddenly stops working, it means you have probably installed the latest extras+info update. To overcome this issue, Choose the option “Restore NDTK” in the “classic unlock” page and reboot to regain access to the elevated features.
Now you’ve interop unlocked your Windows Phone. Follow the below steps to improve Windows 10 Mobile performance.
How to speed up your Windows 10 Mobile
- Interop unlock your phone to gain the ability to edit registry, (follow above steps).
- Edit the registry using the app. You can also use the Interop Tools.
- Navigate to local HLM/SYSTEM/Setup/WOF.
- For example if you have a Lumia 950, change the value of CurrentMhz, MaxMhz and RAMSizeMB to the following:
- CurrentMhz: 1800
If you own a Lumia 640, you can set the value to 1190Mhz.