Today Qualcomm had announced new Snapdragon 653, Snapdragon 626 and Snapdragon 427 processors. The updated processors will provide better performance and the new chips also supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0.
Snapdragon 653, 626, 427 features:
- X9 LTE, with Cat 7 downlink speeds up to 300Mbps, and Cat 13 uplink speeds up to 150Mbps, designed to provide users with a 50 percent increase in maximum uplink speeds over the X8 LTE modem.
- LTE Advanced Carrier Aggregation with up to 2×20 MHz in the downlink and uplink
- Support for 64-QAM in the uplink
- Superior call clarity and higher call reliability with the Enhanced Voice Services (EVS) codec on VoLTE calls.
Snapdragon 600 and Snapdragon 400 Features:
- The Snapdragon 653 processor not only features an increase in CPU and GPU performance over the Snapdragon 652, but also doubles the addressable memory (RAM) from 4GB to 8GB supporting greatly enhanced user experiences. The Snapdragon 653 is pin and software compatible with Snapdragon 650 and 652.
- The Snapdragon 626 features a CPU performance increase over the Snapdragon 625. It also features Qualcomm® TruSignal™ antenna boost, designed to improve signal reception in congested areas. The Snapdragon 626 is pin and software compatible with Snapdragon 625, and software compatible with the Snapdragon 425, 427, 430, and 435 processors.
- The Snapdragon 427 delivers a CPU and GPU performance increase over the Snapdragon 425. It is the first chipset to bring TruSignal to the Snapdragon 400 tier of processors, designed to deliver unprecedented powerful antenna tuning to this high volume line of processor solutions. The Snapdragon 427 is pin and software compatible with Snapdragon 425, 430 and 435, and software compatible with Snapdragon 625 and 626.
The Snapdragon 427 processor would be available starting early next year. However, Snapdragon 626 and 653 would be available by end of this year.