GDP is almost ready to release a second-generation GPD Pocket with Microsoft’s Windows 10. The company recently opened up the crowd-funding on Indiegogo and now the China-based e-commerce company Tomtop is taking pre-orders of the GPD Pocket 2.
If you’re interested in GPD Pocket 2 but you missed the crowd-funding opportunity, you can pre-order the device from Tomtop and it will be shipped on November 1.
The new GPD Pocket 2 features an Intel Core M3-7Y30 Kaby lake processor versus the old Intel Atom X7 used in the original model. It features a thinner design with smaller bezels and there are more ports to play.
GPD Pocket 2 specs
- GPD Pocket 2 runs Windows 10 Home.
- It has a UNIBODY machined magnalium body with two USB-A Ports and one USB-C port on the sides.
- It comes with a 7-inch display (1920×1200) with support for multi-touch and 323 PPI.
- The processor used in GPD Pocket 2 is Intel Core m3-7y30 which has a clock speed of 1.0GHz/2.6GHz. It’s a dual-core chip with 4 threads.
- It uses Intel HD Graphics 615.
- The device is available in both 4GB and 8GB LPDDR3 RAM coupled up with 128GB internal storage.
- It also features active cooling.
- Size: 181×113×8-14mm.
- Connectivity: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless networks and Bluetooth 4.1.
- Weight: 465g.
The key difference between the GPD Win 2 and GPC Pocket 2 is the gamepad. GPD Win 2 is a gaming-focused portable PC and GPD Pocket 2, on the other hand, is a pocketable Windows 10 PC.
You can get the GPD Pocket 2 for $624.99 by applying the coupon code SJGPDP2 on Tomtop. If you’re interested, you can pre-order the GPD Pocket 2 from here.