Microsoft recently released a new preview update for Windows 10 PCs on the Windows Insider program. The update had introduced a new feature that connects Android smartphones to Windows 10 PCs. Microsoft also promised to bring the app to the App Store for iPhone.
Continue on PC app for iOS devices is now available for download. Today, Microsoft explained how the feature works on iPhone in the updated blog post. To use the Continue on PC feature, you will need to install the ‘Continue on PC’ app on your iPhone.
Once the app is installed, you can continue a web session on your PC from where you left off on the iPhone. Both devices should have the same Microsoft Account. Here’s how you can connect your iPhone to Windows 10 PC with the new linking feature.
- On your PC, go to Settings > Phone and add your phone number.
- You will receive the Continue on PC app download link on your iPhone.
- Once the app is installed, open any web browser and invoke the native share experience on your iPhone.
- When you will click on “Continue on PC” option, it will ask you to connect the iPhone to your Microsoft Account.
- The iPhone will ask you whether you would like to “Continue now” or “Continue later”.
- Click on “Continue now” option to continue the web session on your Windows 10 PC.
The Continue on PC (linking) feature is not coming to Windows 10 Mobile devices anytime soon. The linking feature is available for Android smartphones as well and you can learn more about the feature here.