Microsoft has already released the final version of Windows 10 Redstone 4 for the Insiders and there are various ways to upgrade your PC to the newest version of the operating system. The Windows 10 Redstone 4 ISO Images will be released soon but in the meantime, you can use the official ESD files to create your own ISO Image.
While Microsoft has already completed the typical steps ahead of new Windows 10 release, the company failed to finalize the RTM candidate, according to the rumours. The development of the update has been finalized.
The next version of Windows 10 was projected to launch on April 10 but as the update reportedly included a blocking bug, Microsoft decided to hold the public rollout. Windows 10 Build 17133 has been long considered the RTM build of Redstone 4 update because Microsoft pushed it to the Release Preview Ring which is used for final testing. It is, however, worth noting that Microsoft never commented on the release date and name of the Windows 10 version 1803, whatever we have heard so far have rumours from secondary sources. In other words, the Release Preview is a ring which only receives new builds before public launches.
Microsoft has also released cumulative updates for Build 17133 with fixes, improvements and even security patches. People familiar with the matter claim that Windows 10 version 1803 ‘Spring Creators Update’ has been delayed and Microsoft could push back the release. Microsoft is also looking for a new name for the update, instead of the Spring Creators Update moniker.
Create Windows 10 Redstone 4 ISO Images from Build 17133 ESD Files
An ESD file of Windows 10 is basically encrypted Windows Imaging Format (.WIM) and it can be converted to ISO Images.
- Download ESD Decrypter (it’s a third-party tool, use it at your own risk).
- Download Redstone 4 EN_US ESD from here (Microsoft’s website).
- Download Redstone 4 EN_GB ESD from here (Microsoft’s website).
How to convert Windows 10 Redstone 4 ESD Files to ISO
- If the ESD file is locked, you may need to unblock in order to convert. Select the ESD, right click and in Properties -> Security panel, hit the unblock button.
- Create a folder esdec in drive C, and extract the ESD Decrypter to C: \ esdec.
- Place the ESD file inside the folder.
- Run decrypt.cmd with Administrator privileges.
- Type 2 to select the Create full ISO with the Compressed install.esd option.
- Press Enter to begin the process.
- The ISO file will be created and stored in the same folder.
It is worth noting that the above process will download and create Windows 10 Build 17133 ESD and ISO files. It’s been discovered that Microsoft compiled Build 17134, so again, 17133 is no longer an RTM build.
Microsoft decided to hold back the release of the Windows 10 Spring Creators Update due to a blocking bug. A new Windows 10 Redstone 4 Build could be shipped to Windows Insiders in the coming weeks. You can also read our detailed guide to upgrade your PC to Windows 10 Spring Creators Update by joining the Release Preview Ring.