It’s been a while since Microsoft launched Windows 10 Mobile. Although Microsoft is still updating its mobile operating system however the Redmond-based company is not adding the necessary changes. For example, we cannot even charge the Windows Phones while they are turned off.
If we switch off a phone while charging, it will help the Windows Phone to charge faster. As Microsoft hasn’t enabled the feature by default, you cannot charge a Windows Phone when it is turned. However, a simple app lets you bypass the limitations and charge the phone in switch off state.
How to charge a Windows Phone while it is turned off
- Interop-unlock your phone, you can do so by download Interop Tools from the Windows Store.
- Download Windows Phone SDK Lite from here.
- Download WPTweaker_Release_ARM_1.4.3.xap.
- Deploy the the WPTweaker using the Windows Phone deployment tool.
- Open the WPTweaker app and navigate to System and enable BCD: Poweroff charging.
- Restart the phone.
If you do something wrong, the phone might brick. Although the hack has been tested on almost all Lumias with different versions of Windows 10.