It’s been a while since Microsoft announced Windows 10 Mobile and the company is since then improving the mobile operating system. Microsoft has imposed many limitations, the users cannot change the default app or even the web browser.
Although Windows 10 Mobile hasn’t received any new features and even Microsoft is not improving the basic apps such as Windows Camera. Thanks to the developers, we have plenty of good third-party camera apps for Windows 10 Mobile. We cannot set any third-party camera as the default app and replace Windows Camera. A simple hack lets you change tue default camera app, here’s how you can do it.
Make third-party app as default camera in Windows 10 Mobile
- Install third-party camera app.
- Download Interop Tools from the Windows Store.
- Find the appID by navigating to applications > package list and view the app details.
- For example, Camera 360 Sight appID is 6fca829e-0622-478c-848f-1175daf3bd5a.
- Open registry editor and go to:
- Now open DefaultCameraAppID.
- Replace the appID with appID of the third-party camera app.
Do you prefer Windows Camera over any third-party camera app?