Microsoft today updated Movies & TV for Windows Insiders on the Slow ring. A version 10.17021 is available for both PC and Mobile, and it contains a number of new features, such as support for 360-degree videos.
On the Feedback Hub, users will be able to use their mouse to look around in 360-degree videos from the Movies & TV app which is really clear. Furthermore, support for 360-degree videos, Microsoft is adding a new Trailer gallery to the app which lets you stay up-to-date with all the new trailers on the entertainment world.
You will also notice that some of the new features require the Creators Update, which seems redundant considering that the app update is only rolling out to machines running the Creators Update preview.
Here is the full changelog:
- Get into the action with 360° videos—tilt or drag in any direction to look around. (Windows 10 Creators Update required)
- Binge-watch previews of our new and pre-order movies using the new Trailer gallery.
- Explore a broad range of movies and TV shows, including titles picked just for you.
- All the movies and TV shows you’ve bought or rented are now together on one page.
- Play a broader range of video formats. For MPEG-2 videos, you’ll be prompted to download an extension containing the codecs you need. (Windows 10 Creators Update required)
Once again, today’s update is for the Slow ring, and while that would normally mean that Fast ring users are getting it as well, and we will let you know when that happens.