Does the web pages you visit often refresh in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 Mobile? You are not alone. This is a known issue and there is no official workaround available. As Microsoft has given on Windows 10 Mobile, the Edge is not getting any major improvements in terms of speed and stability.
The problem is the default page file settings locked at 256MB on the phones like Lumia 640. If we increase the default page file size, the phones will function better and Microsoft Edge’s auto refresh issue will be fixed.
Increase Microsoft Edge speed on Windows 10 Mobile
- Download Windows Phone SDK Lite.
- Deploy vcREG_1_6_W10M.xap to phone storage.
- If you have a older device, Go to (…) -> Classic unlock.
Check the box “Live Interop/Capability Unlock” and click on “Apply”.
If it says “Complete ” popup, the device has been interop unlocked.
- If you have a Lumia 950, 950XL, 650 or 550, follow the below steps.
- Download and install iutool.
- Open vcREG (which you installed in step 2) on your phone.
- Click on the three (…) dots, Classic unlock -> check the box “Live Interop/Capability Unlock” and click on “Apply”.
- Extract the vcREG.zip and deploy cer.service.acersystemservice.spkg.
- On your Windows 10 PC, create new folder with “cabs” name in C drive.
- Paste the acer.service.acersystemservice.spkg file in the folder.
- Start CMD with admin access.
- Paste the below code.
- cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Tools\bin\i386
iutool -v -p C:\cabs\acer.service.acersystemservice.spkg
- Copy the “NdtkSvc.dll” and “newndtksvc.dll” to phone internal memory -> documents.
- Now again open the app, click the bar, then choose x50 series and unlock. Your phone is now successfully interop unlocked.
- You’ll need to edit the tweaks.xml to increase the virtual memory. Change the data to the following values:
- <tweak category=”System” name=”Virtual Memory – increase” type=”enum” description=”For best Multi-Tasks – Default is 128(others)/256(950/xl)” reboot=”true”>
<entry path=”HKLM\System\ControlSet001\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management” name=”PagingFiles” type=”string”>
<value name=”1GB – others”>u:\pagefile.sys 1024 1024</value>
<value name=”1.5 GB -Others try at Reset Risk”>u:\pagefile.sys 1536 1536</value>
<value name=”1.75 GB – 950 XL only”>u:\pagefile.sys 1792 1792</value>
- Restart your phone and the performance will be much better.
The overall speed of Microsoft Edge will improve and the browser will no longer refresh the page on its own. If you have any questions, let us know in the comments below.