Redstone 4 is the next major update for Windows 10, it is scheduled to release next year. More information about the new update is expected to be revealed pretty soon. While on other hand, Microsoft is all set to release Redstone 4 builds to Windows Insiders who have the skip ahead option enabled.
As we reported recently, you can no longer ‘skip ahead’ to next Windows 10 release. The option is longer available but you can get access by tweaking the registry. In this article, we will understand the method to get Redstone 4 builds for Windows 10 PCs.
Get Redstone 4 on Windows 10
- Right click on start button and click on run.
- Type “regedit” and Registry editor will open.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\Applicability.
- Add a new string with value ContentType.
- Set it to ‘Skip’ and you will enrol into Redstone 4 enabled Fast Ring.
Make the necessary changes on the Windows Insider Program page and within 24 hours, you will receive builds from RS_PRERELEASE branch i.e Redstone 4.