Microsoft today released a new preview build for Insiders enrolled in the Skip Ahead Ring. The latest build doesn’t come with any new features but has been pushed out with improvements and fixes for some of the issues reported by Insiders.
If you are enrolled in the Skip Ahead Ring then you will be seeing Windows 10 build 18219 from the 19H1 branch rolling out currently. Currently Microsoft is busy finalizing its next update codenamed Redstone 5 which is due for release in couple of months. Hence you will not find any new features added in this build.
The latest build comes with a long list of fixes and improvements for Insiders. Below is the full changelog of what’s fixed and improved.
- Microsoft has made improvements for the Narrator Reliability in the latest flight.
- Improvements have been made to the Reading and Navigating when in Scan Mode.
- Link in Settings will relaunch the QuickStart from the very first Welcome page.
- Microsoft has made changes to the keystroke which will work both in the Standard and Legacy layouts. The new keystroke introduced is Narrator + Alt + F.
- The Redmond Giant fixed issue which resulted in Notepad’s Search with Bing feature searching for “10 10” instead of “10 + 10”.
- Issue which resulted in minimized apps having squished thumbnails in Task view has now been fixed.
- Issue where the taskbar stayed on top of full screened apps has now been fixed in the latest flight.
- Icons in Microsoft Edge extension pane were drawing close to the toggles in previous flights. This issue has now been fixed in the latest build.
- Find on Page in Microsoft Edge stopped working once the PDF has been refreshed. This issue has now been fixed.
- Issue where Ctrl-based keyboard shortcuts (like Ctrl + C, Ctrl + A) didn’t work in editable fields for PDFs opened in Microsoft Edge has now been fixed.
- We fixed the issue in Narrator’s automatic dialog reading where the title of the dialog is being spoken more than once.
As is always the case, Insider builds do contain some known issues which needs to be gone through before updating. Below is the list of known issues:
- Users will encounter hangs when running WSL in this build. As a temporary workaround please reboot the system to correct the issue.
- Taskbar flyouts will no longer have acrylic background after upgrading to this build.
- Ease of Access Make Text bigger setting brings text clipping issues in latest build which should be fixed in upcoming flights.
- If you set up Microsoft Edge as your kiosk app and configure the start/new tab page URL from assigned access Settings, Microsoft Edge may not get launched with the configured URL. The fix for this issue should be included in the next flight.
- A notification count icon overlapping with the extension icon in Edge toolbar will be visible after upgrading to this build.
- When using Narrator Scan mode you may experience multiple stops for a single control.
We recommend you to go through the list of known issues before upgrading to the latest Windows 10 build 18219 which is live for Skip Ahead Ring.