Microsoft introduced a new design language for Windows 10 called Fluent Design System back in May at Build 2017. Since then, Microsoft has been implementing the new design language throughout the in-box applications. Windows Camera app is no different.
Recently, Microsoft rolled out a new update to its Camera app in Windows 10. The new update goes by the version 2018.209.10.0. This new update brings lots of new features and enhancements.
Here are the changes
- Camera settings now feature acrylic and reveal effects.
- Users can now select among multiple camera resolutions along with frame-rates.
- In the function bar, you can now select “Manual focus” for more control over the camera.
- The app will remember your previous settings.
- Improvements to the brightness slider.
- Support for multiple cameras that can be used simultaneously.
- Removed support for older Windows 10 devices. Windows 10 Mobile to be exact.
This update brings a lot to the table. Along with all the new features and enhancements, Fluent Design System is a cherry on top. Recently, Microsoft also rolled out an update to its Messaging app.
This all might be in preparation for Microsoft’s Andromeda foldable device which is expected to be released by the end of 2018. Microsoft is indeed trying to fit themselves into the Mobile space. And the improvements to such mobile applications, things get quite obvious.
The new Windows Camera update is now available for all. Get the app here.