Microsoft has just released Office 2016 Build 10813.20004 for Insiders. The updated version of Office 2016 is out for Windows desktop and you can download it on any supported version of the operating system.
It seems to be a big update with a long list of new features and improvements. Microsoft released the update on August 17 and you can download it if you’re a part of the Office Insider program.
What’s new in Office 2016 Build 10813.20004
- No more bouncing to your browser: No more bouncing to your browser
Links to OneDrive and SharePoint Online documents will open in desktop Office when you click them in your Office app. You have the option to update your preferences.
But if you open Office links from the web (e.g. SharePoint on the web, Outlook on the web, etc.), these document links will continue opening in the browser for context continuity.
- Rename your OneDrive or SharePoint files: You can now rename your Word, Excel and PowerPoint files if they are stored in One Drive or SharePoint. In Word, Excel & PowerPoint, you can see this new Rename capability by clicking on the top-level app title bar.
- Delete your OneDrive or SharePoint files from Word, Excel or PowerPoint: You can now delete your Word, Excel and PowerPoint files from the Most Recently Used (MRU). In Word, Excel and PowerPoint, you can see this new delete capability by right clicking on the file name from the backstage file list.
Bug fixes and improvements
- Word: We fixed a crashing issue when saving to the cloud. We fixed an issue where Design Mode was toggled on by default.
- Excel: We fixed the macro recording icon visibility on the status bar. We fixed an Excel crash when closing a workbook after changing SmartArt Quick styles via context menu. We improved the visibility of selected comments in the Comments pane.
- PowerPoint: We fixed an issue that could cause a system beep upon opening certain files. We fixed a rendering issue with themes.
- Outlook: We fixed an issue where Reply to encrypted emails was not working.
- Access: We fixed a regression where users could not email reports. We fixed an issue where STSLIST.dll crashed IE due to buffer overrun on printf of version info.
- Project: Various performance and stability fixes.
- All Apps: We fixed an issue where the Save button was disabled when saving a document opened from email attachment (Word, Excel & PowerPoint).