Microsoft Surface Book 2 is now available in India and here’s everything that you need to know about the company’s ultimate laptop.
Microsoft India announced the Surface Book 2 at a launch event in New Delhi on August 7, 2018. The device is supposed to empower enterprises and consumers to do more and unleash their creative side through apps such as Paint 3D.
Microsoft has unveiled 7 models of the ultimate Windows 10 laptop, including the 13-inch and 15-inch variants. Microsoft Surface Book 2 is quite expensive. For example, the most affordable variant of the Surface Book 2 in India is priced at 137,999.
Surface Book 2 price in India
- The most affordable variant of the Surface Book 2 is priced at Rs. 137,999. You’ll get Intel Core i5 processor, 256GB SSD storage, 8GB RAM and Intel HD Graphics 620 in a 13.5-inch laptop.
- The 13.5-inch model with Intel Core i7, 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 will cost you Rs. 185,999.
- The model with Intel Core i7 processor, 512GB of storage, 16GB of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics costs Rs. 222,999.
- The most expensive variant of Surface Book 2 13.5”model comes with Intel Core i7, 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 is priced at Rs. 257,999.
- Surface Book 2 with 15-inch display (tradational size), Intel Core i7, 256GB SSD, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 costs 222,499.
- Similarly, the device with a 15-inch display, Intel Core i7, 512GB SSD, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 is priced at Rs. 258,999
- The most expensive and power of variant of Surface Book 2 has a 15-inch display, Intel Core i7, 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 and it would cost you Rs. 295,999
Where to buy the Surface Book 2 in India
The Surface Book 2 is available in India from the following retailers:
- Amazon, Flipkart, Croma, Reliance, Vijay Sales, and other authorized retailers in India.
- It will be available through more than 150 commercial resellers across the country.
Speaking of the Surface Book 2, it comes with the detach mechanism which according to Microsoft is faster and more reliable than the first generation Surface Book. It has a thermal insulator property that allows the hinge arm to not expand or contract.
It’s a powerful and versatile device in the Surface family. In India, the device should likely appeal to a broader audience, including the current MacBook Pro users and gamers.
It’s also worth noting that the Surface division saw a growth in last quarter results and the growth was mostly driven by sales of the new Surface devices. It will be interesting to see if the Surface Book 2 can contribute to the growth of the division in the Indian market.