Shenzhen-based GPD recently announced the successor to its GPD Pocket launched last year. The GPD Pocket 2 comes with upgraded hardware and some design tweaks.
GPD has been making unique Windows 10 handheld consoles and the Chinese company recently unveiled the GPD Pocket 2, successor to the original Pocket PC. Although it offers a similar shape to the previous model, the hardware is somewhat better and it has been reworked to offer more productivity.
GPD Pocket 2 crowdfunding is now live on Indiegogo and at the time of writing this story, around $572,654 has been raised by 959 backers. The listing says that the campaign will close in one months time, but has already reached its $100,000 funding goal (573%) at the time of writing.
“We’re back with a new generation of our beloved GPD Pocket. As a pocket-sized laptop, the GPD Pocket 2 meets end-to-end premium mobile computing needs of business professionals,” the company said.
Specifications and features
- OS: Windows 10 Home.
- Design: UNIBODY machined magnalium body. Streamlined and fashionable.
- Fits in your pocket easily.
- Traditional Keyboard Design.
- Display: 7-inch (1920×1200) H-IPS display with support for multi-touch and 323 PPI.
- Processor: Intel Core m3-7y30 clocked at 1.0GHz/2.6GHz (Dual core with 4 threads).
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 615
- RAM and storage: 4GB / 8GB LPDDR3 and 128GB internal storage.
- Connectivity: Supports 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless networks and Bluetooth 4.1.
- Two USB-A Ports and one USB-C port.
- Size: 181×113×8-14mm.
- Weight: 465g.
- Features active cooling.
- Superior Performance than Microsoft (m3) Surface Pro
- Low Noise Operating Mode.
- Compatible with all Chargers and mobile power banks
Like the previous model, the GPD Pocket 2 can be purchased from Indiegogo and it will later be offered by third-party sites such as Gearbest and GeekBuying.
You can back the device from here for $529.