Microsoft today released its first Windows 10 preview build for the Redstone 6 Branch now known as 19H1 for Insiders enrolled in the Skip Ahead Ring. Microsoft has now opened the Skip Ahead Ring since the upcoming Windows 10 release RS5 will soon be available for public in couple of months time.
The Redmond Giant has already started work on new features for its latest development branch 19H1 which is being rolled out to Skip Ahead Insiders with new features and improvements. You can get more details of what’s new in the latest Windows 10 19H1 build in our dedicated article here.
Along with releasing a new Windows 10 build for the Skip Ahead Ring, Microsoft also released a new build for its Fast Ring Insiders which is from the Redstone 5 branch with many features, fixes and improvements. Below is the full list of what’s fixed and broken in Windows 10 Build 18204.
- The Windows Insider team fixed an issue which resulted in the “…” menu not working in multiple apps.
- Issues were PCs with multiple monitors appeared shifted “up” and mouse input going to the wrong location.
- Windows Defender Application Guard which stopped working after the previous flight Cumulative Update 17713.1002 has now been fixed.
- Issues resulting in upgrades to the previous build failed with erro 0x8007001f has now been fixed with the latest flight.
- Issues related to “Reset this PC” in previous flight has now been fixed.
- Some laptops experienced CRITICAL PROCESS DIED bug check when PC was put to sleep. This issue has now been fixed with the latest flight.
- Issues with the .mkv files using a generic app icon in File Explorer instead of thumbnail has now been fixed.
- Insiders will now see a new icon for the Delivery Optimization Settings.
- Suggestions on the main page of Settings appeared after a slight delay from previous flights. This has now been fixed in the latest Windows 10 build.
- We fixed an issue where Notification Settings listed every possible quick action in the enable/disable quick actions section, even those not applicable to the PC being used (including two Focus Assist entries).
- Issue where the systray overflow area could end up drawing slightly below the taskbar has now been fixed.
- Issue resulting in the network state in the taskbar becoming stale in recent builds has now been corrected in latest flight.
- Issue where pinging PCs by name on the same LAN would do a case-sensitive name check has now been fixed.
- We fixed an issue where using v6v4tunnel to establish a tunnel didn’t work.
- Opening a PDF using Microsoft Edge, the activity will now be listed in Timeline.
- Microsoft has made some tweaks to the design of Cortana & Search landing page.
- Setting menu in Microsoft Edge “…” is now acrylic.
- Apps like Adobe XD crashing on keypress in previous flights has now been fixed.
- We fixed an issue where the touch keyboard would still have a launch animation even if “Show animations” was turned off in Ease of Access Settings.
Along with the fixes, Microsoft has also listed Known issues in the changelog:
- Clock & calendar flyout many not appear until bringing up Start or Action Center and also result in notifications not appearing until Start of Action Center is opened. This should be fixed in next flights.
- Some unexpectedly light colors may appear in File Explorer when in dark mode and/or dark on dark text. This is being worked out and should be fixed soon.
- Taskbar flyouts (network, volume, etc) no longer have an acrylic background after upgrading to this build.
- When you set up Microsoft Edge as your kiosk app and configure the start/new tab page URL from assigned access Settings, Microsoft Edge may not get launched with the configured URL. The fix for this issue should be included in the next flight.
- Launching Office in the Store on Windows 10 in S Mode may fail to launch with error about a .dll not being designed to run on Windows. This should be fixed in upcoming flights.
- When the Narrator Quickstart launches, Scan Mode may not reliably be on by default. We recommend going through the Quickstart with Scan Mode on. To verify that Scan Mode is on, press Caps Lock + Space.
- Automatic dialog reading shows an error where the title of the dialog is being spoken more than once.
As is always recommended by us, make sure to go through the list of known issues before installing the latest Windows 10 19H1 Build 18204. You need to be enrolled in the Skip Ahead Ring to be able to upgrade to this build.