Microsoft couple of days ago released a new Windows 10 PC Insider Build with version 16299 for Fast Ring Non Skip Ahead Insiders. The company has not pushed any new features but has brought many improvements and fixes to the Fast Ring Non Skip Ahead Insiders.
The company today has released the same Build 16299 to Insiders in the Slow Ring. The update brings its share of Improvements along with fixes to the Slow Ring Insiders. The company is currently concentrating more on stabilizing the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update which is due for release next month, hence there are no new features added, but lot of fixes and improvements to optimize the performance of the OS before the Public release.
Below is the full changelog of What’s Improved and Fixed in Build 16299 for Slow Ring Insiders:
- We fixed an issue some Insiders were experiencing where after upgrading to recent flights their optical drive wouldn’t be listed under This PC.
- We fixed an issue where Microsoft Edge might crash when scrolling embedded PDFs.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders seeing 0x80070005 when trying to upgrade to the last few flights.
- We fixed an issue where using the Automatic File Download notification to block an app from downloading files wasn’t working for UWP apps.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Windows Defender potentially downloading files selected to be online-only after using the file picker dialog and viewing their thumbnails.
The Windows 10 Insider Preview Build is currently available for download and users can get it by going to Settings>Update & Security> Windows Update> Check for Update.