Facebook owned Instagram today released a major update for its Official app on Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile. The app has been bumped to new version 10.1906.22724 for PCs and 10.1096.22713 for Mobile users.
The company has pushed out a major update for Windows 10 users with lots of new features along with the usual share of fixes and improvements. The features pushed out are already available for the Instagram app on iOS and Android and has now made its way to the Windows 10 App. Below is the full changelog:
- Now we can use effects in stories.
- Profile page updated with new options (now matches iOS and Android).
- New play all button above stories.
- Removed icon updates from top right.
- Added Stories title to the top left.
- Added the “View All” function to view all available stories from friends.
- By displaying the stories, you will no longer find the “Send a message” item instead a new box “Write a message”.
- It is now possible to respond to stories with photos.
- Introduced a new + icon to upload images and videos to the social network (between the Search feature and the Notifications section).
- The settings icon has now been moved next to the “Edit Profile” box.
- It is now possible to view the insights data of each post.
- It’s now possible to archive posts to make them invisible to those who follow us.
- A new clock icon is available to access archived posts.
- Bug Fixes and general improvements.
This update is a major update for Windows 10 users since it has been a while since Instagram has actually updated their Windows 10 app. The latest update is still rolling out and should be available to everyone in the coming days.