Threema the developing team behind the Swiss Messenger app has pushed out a new update for its Windows Phone app. The update comes with new features along with the usual fixes and improvements. The update has pushed the app to new version 2.0.0.
The update brings improvements to group chats and the set up process along with many more features. You will now be able to delete all old messages stored by going to Settings>Media + memory, you also have the option to delete old message from the chat directly.
The Threema team has optimized the set up process for the Messenger application along with bringing some option for the Administrators of the group. Below is the full changelog:
- Delete all old messages (in «Settings> Media + memory»)
- Delete old messages from a chat.
- If you delete a group as an administrator in the chat overview, the group messages (local) are deleted, but the group is retained.
- If the administrator deletes a group from the detail view, all members are removed from the group.
- If the administrator leaves a group, the remaining members can continue to use the group, but the group can not be modified or deleted.
- Notifications that appear while the app is in the foreground are no longer listed in the Info Center.
Threema Messenger is a highly secured Messenger application with the chats being end to end encrypted and the servers are located in Switzerland which guarentee a high level of data protection.
However the Windows Phone Messenger application is still far behind the company’s Messenger application on iOS and Android Platforms. Threema is the most safest messenger application for Swiss Windows Phone users.