Once again, without any proper announcement, Microsoft is now rolling out a new firmware update to the Surface Pro 4. This is not the first time when Microsoft released an update for its Surface device without any changelog or announcement.
Although, Microsoft hasn’t posted any changelog of the update. It seems that the update has improved the Surface Pro 4’s camera. As we don’t have the changelog, it is hard to reveal the other changes introduced with the new firmware update.
This is the second update released by Microsoft in August for Surface Pro 4. You can find the list of drivers that have been updated with today’s firmware release below.
- Intel Corporation driver update for Microsoft IR Camera Front.
- Intel Corporation driver update for Microsoft Camera Front
- Intel driver update for Intel(R) AVStream Camera 2500
- Intel driver update for Intel(R) Imaging Signal Processor 2500
- Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) CSI2 Host Controller
- Surface – System 8/1/2017 12:00:00 AM – 220.127.116.11
- Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) Control Logic
- Intel Corporation driver update for Microsoft Camera Rear
The last update fixed Windows Hello related issues on the device and today’s release brings improvements to the camera. We can expect more firmware updates for Surface devices before and after the release of Windows 10 Fall Creators Updates.