Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella introduced Microsoft 365 at Inspire 2017 today. Microsoft 365 is a new solution which brings together Office 365, Windows 10 and Enterprise Mobility, Security as one complete and secure solution.
The Corporate VP for Office Team, Kirk Koenigsbauer, confirmed that Microsoft 365 address the commercial needs of the largest enterprise to the smallest businesses. Microsoft 365 comes is introduced in two forms Microsoft 365 Enterprise and Microsoft 365 Business, where Enterprise is for large organizations and integrate Office 365 Enterprise, Windows 10 Enterprise and Enterprise Mobility and Security.
On the other hand Microsoft 365 Business is designed for small to medium sized businesses with upto 300 users integrated with Office 365 Business Premium with security and management feature from Windows 10 and Enterprise Mobility + Security.
The CEO Stated
Microsoft 365 Enterprise:
- Unlocks creativity by enabling people to work naturally with ink, voice and touch, all backed by tools that utilize AI and machine learning.
- Provides the broadest and deepest set of apps and services with a universal toolkit for teamwork, giving people flexibility and choice in how they connect, share and communicate.
- Simplifies IT by unifying management across users, devices, apps and services.
- Helps safeguard customer data, company data and intellectual property with built-in, intelligent security.
Microsoft 365 Business:
- Helps companies achieve more together by better connecting employees, customers and suppliers.
- Empowers employees to get work done from anywhere, on any device.
- Protects company data across devices with always-on security.
- Simplifies the set-up and management of employee devices and services with a single IT console.
The company also announced the preview of three Office 365 applications for small to medium sized customers like Microsoft Listings, Connections and Invoicing. The CEO said these applications will be coming soon to Office 365 Business Premium and Microsoft 365 Business.
Microsoft 365 Enterprise is being offered in two plans Microsoft 365 E3 and Microsoft 365 E5 and will be available for purchase on August 1, 2017 and Microsoft 365 Business will be made available on August 2, 2017 in a public preview with general release planned in the fall of 2017 with a nominal price of $20 per user/per month.