Today Microsoft has updated their digital assistant Cortana’s android app to version 2.8.0 which has introduced the ability to set it as the default assistant on Google’s operating system.
Here’s how you can set it as the default assistant Cortana on Android:
- First open the Cortana app and make sure you have updated the app to the latest version i.e. 2.8.0.
- If not then go to play store and update the app.
- After updating first go to your profile by clicking on the icon in the upper right.
- Go to the app settings by clicking on settings in the profile options.
- Then click on assist app mode and that will take you to android’s Android assistance, and voice input settings page.
- Then finally click on the App Support and select Cortana.
Now you have set Cortana as your default assistant and replaces Google Assistant. and when you long press your Home button it loads up the cortana listening floating screen. This update has also improved homogeneity between the calendar of the PC and that of the Android smartphone and has also improved overall app performance. Download Cortana from play store here.