Microsoft today rolled out a new PC and Mobile Build with version 15205 for Insiders on Redstone 3 Fast Ring. The Mobile Build comes with minor new features and lots of fixes for issues found with the previous Insider Preview Build. Users can be rest assured that there will be no new or very little new features since Redstone 3 is in its early stage of development. Below is the Changelog of What’s Fixed and Broken with the latest Mobile Build.
Build 15205 for Mobile:
- We fixed the targeting issue that caused some variants of the Alcatel IDOL 4S to not receive Build 15204 last week. All variants of the Alcatel IDOL 4S should receive Build 15205.
- FYI: We fixed the issue where supported Windows 10 Mobile devices were showing the update to the Windows 10 Anniversary Update as “not yet available” in the Upgrade Advisor app.
- We fixed an issue where Continuum would stop working when HP Elite X3 case is closed.
- We fixed an issue where Continuum would hang or render incorrectly after disconnecting on devices like the Lumia 950.
- We fixed an issue with Microsoft Edge where you might get into a bad state after opening a new Microsoft Edge windows and screen off with the JIT process suspended.
- We fixed an issue with where the device screen might stay black when disconnecting from a Continuum dock after screen has timed out normally.
- We fixed an issue with backup and restore which impacts users with slower network connection.
- We fixed an issue around Microsoft Edge reliability.
Build 15205 for Mobile:
- A small percentage of devices may experience text message backup loss related to backup and recovery of the messaging database.
- For Insiders who have upgraded from a prior 150xx build to this build, the “Add Bluetooth or other devices” Settings page and the Connect UX page may fail to open.
- The copyright date is incorrect under Settings > System > About. It shows as 2016 when it should be 2017. Thanks to the Windows Insiders that reported this!
- Insiders may experience random shutdowns on some devices.
As we have posted earlier, only a few devices will be receiving the Preview Builds of Redstone 3, the fixes generally contain issues found on those devices running the latest Preview Build. The latest Build is currently live and users can grab it by going to Settings>Phone update>Check for Update.