Earlier we have reported that Microsoft has been internally testing new features for its Outlook Mail and Calendar App for Windows 10. The new features like Focused Inbox , Mentions, etc were rolled out to Insiders in Fast Ring along with Internal testing by the company.
Now Microsoft has begun the gradual worldwide roll out of the update with the new features to users on Windows 10. Below are the details of the new features the company is rolling out the Windows 10 Users:
- Focused Inbox is now in the Outlook Mail app, allowing you to focus on what is important to you. Outlook uses machine learning to identify what emails are the most important to you, putting them in the Focused tab — and the rest goes to the Other tab. The Other tab mostly consists of newsletters, while the Focused Inbox mostly includes emails from your frequent contacts and other important things.
- Mentions lets you easily connect any of your contacts in emails using the @ symbol.
- The Outlook Calendar app now lets you color code events, allowing you to plan your time better.
- You can now follow favorite events, including sports events right from the Outlook Calendar app thanks to Interesting Calendars.
- Travel reservations, flights, package delivery info can now be seen from the apps easily thanks to the new cards which lets you get info about your flight, hotel reservation or your package delivery almost instantly.
- Bing now automatically suggests the address for events when you’re searching for a place in the Outlook Calendar app.
If any of our users have not been able to get their hands on the new features for Mail and Calendar App for Windows 10, they can do so by clicking the below link. Make sure to let us know your first impressions about the new features in the comments below.