Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, yesterday at the Future Decoded Conference in Mumbai announced the launch of its New Skype Lite App with version 184.108.40.206488 – release. The app is currently available for Android Users in India. The app is available for users in India only.
Skype Lite is designed based on the challenging network conditions like 2G service since it uses less data, less power and enable more users to take advantage of free Skype to Skype calls. The app also supports seven local languages: Gujarati, Bengali, Hindi, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu.
Skype Lite is a full featured app which has many new features specifically designed with Indian users in mind. This includes SMS filtering, mobile data and Wi-Fi usage monitoring and India focused Skype Bots. Below are some of the things which you can work on the new Skype Lite App.
- Chat with your friends and family via Skype or SMS
- Manage your SMS better by unselecting promotional messages
- Reduce data consumption by choosing economical calling when making Skype calls
- Know your data usage in the app any time
- Free voice calls or video calls with anyone on Skype
- Share photos, emoticons, and files
- Explore the world of Skype bots
In the future, Microsoft plans to bring Aadhaar integration to the app by June 2017 which will enable Skype users to verify the identity of unknown callers in a variety of situations where identification verification is required, including job interviews, goods and property sale.
The app is currently available for Free and you can download the app via the Google Play Store link for Android users.