Microsoft has released a PIX game debugging tool and performance tuning tool for Xbox game Developers yesterday. The company released a beta version of PIX of Windows which will help developer in analyzing DirectX 12 games on Windows.
PIX on Windows provides the below modes of operation:
- GPU captures for debugging and analyzing the performance of Direct3D 12 graphics rendering.
- Timing captures for understanding the performance and threading of all CPU and GPU work carried out by your game.
- Function Summary captures accumulate information about how long each function runs for and how often each is called.
- Call graph captures trace the execution of a single function.
- Memory Allocation captures provide insight into the memory allocations made by your game.
Microsoft suggests that you would need to be on Windows 10 build 14393 Anniversary Update to run PIX along with 32 GB RAM, a Direct 3D 12 GPU with latest available drivers.