Telegram is pushing out a new update, the first in the new year 2017. The company is introducing some new features with the latest update for its application.
The company is introducing new feature “Retracting messages” , meaning if you have accidentally sent a messages to a person who should not be the recipient, you will now be able to retract the messages within 48 hours after sending.
Apart from the Retracting Messages features, the telegram developers have introduced some more new features to the application:
- The ‘Data and Storage’ menu – this menu allows you to select which types of media download over mobile data, Wi-Fi, and when roaming. These settings were already present but the update allows you to see storage usage, mobile data usage, Wi-Fi data usage and roaming data usage.
- T.me links – Telegram has, for a while, allowed you to send a URL to contacts to start speaking to you over the messenger without the need for you to give them a phone number. Now instead of having to send a URL that looks like this: , you can send one that looks like this: t.me/username.
- Messages from one sender are now neatly grouped together, and scrolling up shows the date right away, making the chats easier to navigate.
- The app now restores your previous scroll position when you switch back to a chat. Very useful when somebody sends you a saga in 1,000 messages, and you want to patiently read them in the right order.
- Sharing files has become easier because you see a list of recently downloaded files right on the sharing screen.
- Send GIFs directly from Gboard.
- Android 7.1 users can leverage a fast action menu with frequent chat from the home screen.
Commenting on the change, Natasa Djukanovic, CMO of .ME, said:
“We’re pleased to play an integral role in making it easier for millions of Telegram users to connect and communicate. Even more so, we’re thrilled to strengthen our partnership with Telegram. Their continued support of .ME not only better serves their users, but also elevates the .ME domain extension overall.”
Note: Currently these features are available for users on Android and iOS and the company confirms that the features will be available for users on other platforms including desktop users very soon.
So users on Telegram on Windows and Desktop, do keep a watch on the latest update to the Telegram App, the new version to hit the store could be 3.16. Do let us know if any of our users on Telegram have received the update on Android and iOS with the above new features.