Microsoft pushed a new Preview Build to Xbox One Devices. The update includes some improvements and fixes. You will experience up to 80% faster download speeds if you have internet speed greater than 100Mbps. You can check the full changelog below.
OS version: 10.0.14393.2152 (rs1_xbox_rel_1610 161208-1218) fre
Release date: 12/14/2016
We’ve made several optimizations to game and app downloads on Xbox One:
- Customers with high-speed connections (greater than 100Mbps) should experience up to 80% faster download speeds.
- Customers with connections less than 100Mbps should experience more consistent performance that is up to 40% faster than before.
- Additional optimizations have also made background downloads more resilient to intermittent connectivity issues.
Download speeds will be influenced by network contention within the home and at the ISP level. Download speeds will also be impacted when games are running on the console as system resources are prioritized for gameplay over background downloads. For more information, visit Troubleshoot slow game or app downloads on Xbox One.
- Firmware update to improve performance.
- General performance improvements for added reliability and consistent experiences across steaming music apps.
- General stability and performance improvements.
On your Xbox device, go to All Settings > System > Console info & updates to check for updates.