Microsoft released Host Integration Server 2016. Host Integration Server 2016 have dozens of new features and enhancements. Basically the Microsoft Host Integration Server often known as HIS is a gateway application providing connectivity between Microsoft Windows networks and IBM mainframe and AS/400 systems.
The Host Integration Server 2016 bring Windows 10, along with support for Windows Server 2016, .NET Framework 4.6, BizTalk Server 2016, SQL Server 2016 and more. In addition it also bring support for a ton of new IBM platforms.
Here’s the major changes in the Host Integration Server 2016.
- New Microsoft Client for MQ connecting .NET Framework and BizTalk Server applications to IBM MQ message processing systems, providing simplified administration and improved performance.
- Expanded platform support for latest Microsoft operating systems and development tools, plus support for most popular IBM systems versions, permitting the broadest application support lifecycle for upgraded and new solutions.
- Improved installation and configuration assisting IT administrators to efficiently deploy new clients and servers, reducing operating expenses and total cost of ownership.
- New telemetry for improving technologies and tools, by monitoring and reporting connections, operations, and exceptions.
- New Microsoft Client for DRDA connecting .NET Framework and BizTalk Server applications to IBM DB2 and Informix relational database systems, delivering increased functionality, with improved performance and scalability.
Source : Microsoft