Few days back we reported that new firmware for the Lumia 650 and Lumia 550 were available via the Windows Device Recovery Tool. It look like Microsoft has started pushing out those updates via OTA. This update adds the Double tap to wake feature for the Lumia 650 and brings in a couple of fixes.
01078.00042.16352.50xxx firmware update (September 2016) for Lumia 550/650. The availability of this update may depend on your phone model, region or network service provider. Key improvements in this release include:
- Support for double tap to wake enabled for Lumia 650.
- Wi-Fi connectivity improvements, including fixes for Wi-Fi connection dropping randomly and Wi-Fi scan occasionally not returning any results.
- Bluetooth connectivity improvements.
- Stability and reliability improvements.
- Camera improvements, including improved image and video quality, improved Auto-focus and fix for a problem that was causing slow motion capture to skip frames for some users.
- Cellular connectivity improvements, including fix for a problem that caused occasional network loss for some users.
- Audio quality improvements, including fix for a problem that caused voice call audio to get scrambled for some users.
To check if the update is available for your device or not, go to Settings> Update & Security> Phone Updates and hit Check for Updates. If available you’ll be notified of it as MICROSOFTMDG update. This update is still rolling out and it could be weeks before your device sees it because of carrier and model variations.