Microsoft is releasing a new Cumulative update KB3194496 for those on the Insider Release Preview rings for Windows 10 PC with version 14393.222. The company had a couple of days ago released a Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Mobile with version 14393.221. The company had then not provided any changelog for the Update.
However the company has released the changelog for the just released Cumulative update for Windows 10 PC which applies to the Mobile Build released couple of days ago. Here is the full changelog of the fixes in the new Cumulative Update.
- Improved reliability of the Windows Update Agent, shared drives, virtual private network (VPN), clustering, HTTP downloads, Internet Explorer 11, Hyper-V platform, multimedia playback, and Microsoft Edge.
- Improved performance of push and local notifications, Hyper-V platform, and some social media websites using Microsoft Edge.
- Addressed issue where mapping a drive from an elevated command prompt doesn’t work with administrator credentials.
- Addressed issue causing movies that were ripped using the transport stream (.ts) format to play without sound in Windows Media Player and the Xbox One Media Player app.
- Addressed issue causing the Movies & TV app on the Xbox to stop working when attempting to play content that was just purchased from the Store.
- Improved support for networks by adding new entries to the Access Point Name (APN) database.
- Addressed issue causing “Print all linked documents” to not work in Internet Explorer 11.
- Addressed issue preventing some users from changing the default download location in Windows 10 Mobile.
- Addressed issue causing unnecessary notifications about fixing Microsoft account in Windows 10 Mobile.
- Addressed additional issues with multimedia, Windows kernel, Windows shell, enterprise security, storage file system, Remote Desktop, core platform, Hyper-V platform, Windows Update for Business, display kernel, near field communication (NFC), input and composition, Bluetooth, Microsoft Lync 2010 compatibility, Windows Storage API, app registration, Trusted Platform Module, Group Policy, Internet Explorer 11, virtual private network (VPN), BitLocker, wireless networking, datacenter networking, Cortana, PowerShell, Active Directory, connection manager and data usage, Microsoft Edge, Windows Recovery Environment, file clustering, Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps, audio playback settings, DShow Bridge, app compatibility, licensing, cloud infrastructure, domain name system (DNS) server, network controller, USB barcode reader, and Adobe Flash Player.
Also, Microsoft notes that the builds for PC and Mobile are the same except for “an additional fix to improve the reliability of downloading games (like Forza Horizon 3) and game updates from the Windows Store” is included for PC.
The Cumulative Update is live for Users in US and should be available for all in couple of hours. To get the update go to Settings>Check for Updates.
Do let us know if the update with version 14393.222 is available for you in the comments below.