Slack for Windows Phone has been in the Windows Store for some time now and lot of people have already been using the App. Now on the same lines Microsoft is planning to develop a new Application under the Brand Name Skype called as “Skype Teams”.
The Application which would be more useful for Business people will be similar to the features of the Slack App. The company plans to release the Skype Team Application for all the three platforms (IOS, Android and Windows) at the same time.
The Skype Team will be feature rich and will hold all the features available in the Slack App like Video Calls for Personal as well as Official, you can also share files and notes, in addition to integration with bots and Office 365 useful for the business sector. Microsoft is also planning to include GIFs , memes and smileys also in the Skype Team Application.
The Application Skype Teams will include the following visual features:
- Sidebar where you will find the button activity and you will be able to see the latest notifications.
- chat button where all conversations would be stored.
- Button groups which can be moved between different groups.
- A meeting button which will access the calendar of scheduled appointments.
- A button file where in you will be able to find the files shared on Skype Teams and also files on OneDrive App.
Microsoft is also having plans to integrate Skype Teams with services commonly used in the business world, as OneDrive and Office 365 unlike Slack App.
The team is currently testing the Skype Team internally and after successful testing of the App it should be released to all the platforms at the same time. The App should be initially released to Office 365 users and later on to all users.